Tel:(+46 735 079993)
Tel:(+46 733 307821)
Are you interested in joining the Global Operations team at one of Sweden’s most leading tech brands and be part of our journey forward? Sinch has emerged as a global leader in the growing, global market for CPaaS and mobile customer engagement. We serve some of the world’s most demanding customers, including 8 of the 10 largest US based global tech companies. To help us grow further, we need to strengthen the Global Operations team with a Senior Systems Engineer that will help shape and run our infrastructure.
Reinventing mobile messaging! Do you know anyone without a mobile phone? Neither do we. That's why back in 2008, the six founders of Sinch set out to reinvent mobile messaging. They realized that SMS presented an incredible opportunity for companies due to its immediate and widespread reach - but it needed a change. They wanted to make mobile messaging easy - to make it a “sinch”, if you will. Since then, Sinch has grown from six guys in a little Stockholm shop window to an international powerhouse serving enterprises across the globe. Sinchs cloud platform now supports messaging, voice, and video, and handles 40 billion API transactions per year.
Quick facts: Founded in 2008 – HQ in Stockholm – Local presence in 40+ countries – 1800+ team members worldwide – Rapid company growth – Supports some of the world’s largest and most demanding enterprises as well as mobile operators around the world
As a Senior Systems & Storage Engineer, your main purpose will be to maintain and develop our production infrastructure, including a virtualized Linux environment with approximate 1400 servers. The Linux environment is made up of HP Server Hardware (DL360/DL380/DL560/DL580 and C7000 Blade System), EMC VMAX, EMC CX4-120, EMC VNX5400, EMC XtremIO, and Brocade Fiber Channel Switching.
You will be a key member of the Private Cloud Infrastructure Team. Key responsibilities include:
Examples of what you will be working with:
- Establish, Configure, Test, and Maintain Operating Systems, Application Software, and System Management Tools to provide 24x7x365 Global Uptime Services for our Enterprise Business Customers and Clients
- Linux System Administration (primarily) - Install, Configure, Maintain, Monitor, Update, Upgrade, Backup, Secure, and provide Technical Support for Linux, concentration on Red Hat Enterprise Linux
- Windows System Administration (some) - Install, Configure, Maintain, Monitor, Update, Upgrade, Backup, Secure, and provide Technical Support for Windows, Active Directory, LDAP, Group Policy, and DNS
- Manage and Maintain Sinch Servers, Operating Systems, and Storage hosted in Data Centers around the Globe
- Manage and Maintain VMware ESXi, vCenter, and VSAN
- Manage and Maintain an EMC Storage Environment, including Fiber Channel SAN Switching
- Collaborate with Software Engineering, Service Operations, and DevOps to Build, Maintain,
- Manage Performance, Manage Capacity, Monitor, and Secure Systems with 99.999 Uptime SLAs
- Plan and implement Systems Automation and Configuration with Ansible and Python
- Design, Plan, and Implement Systems Security Infrastructure
- Support Compliance efforts for ISO 27001 Certification
- Support Production Infrastructure and Fault Management on a Rotating 24/7 on-call service
The role will be based at our office in Stockholm, Sweden and report to the Head of Private Cloud Network & Infrastructure.
In order to be successful in this role, you are a technical expert, have excellent written and spoken communication. You have a structured and methodical approach to work, and you understand the benefits of documentation, planning and organization. You have the ability to work independently and take initiatives, understand the importance of Leadership, teamwork, and team responsibility. You have critical thinking and problem-solving skills. You can adapt quickly, and deliver secure, resilient, scalable, and quality solutions to the dynamic and rapidly evolving IT landscape and associated technologies.
Desired skills and experience:
- 5+ years of Senior-Level Experience in Administering Linux Servers and VMware in a Datacenter Environment
- 3 years of EMC Experience and Strong Skills in Operating/Administrating SAN Storage
- Network Experience - understanding of TCP/IP, OS Network Stacks, Bonding/Teaming, IP Tables, Network Virtualization, Application sockets, LAN Switching, and end-to-end Client-Server Communication Models
- Experience with Python, PowerShell, or other scripting Languages
- Cloud Experience in AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Change Management and ITIL Framework Understanding and Experience
- Demonstrated Experience with Automation Tools such as Ansible and Python
- Experience with OpenStack, Kubernetes, and other IaaS Platforms is a Major Plus
Our corporate language is English, please apply by submitting your resume in English before Sunday the 7th February 2021.
Our expert teams are built from some of the most experienced in the industry. We employ people from all over the world, from all walks of life and from all backgrounds. We work together, feeding on our diversity to make us stronger, and we encourage each other to be the best we can be. Innovation drives us, and we challenge ourselves every day. Get in touch and join us on our journey!
Sound interesting? Join Sinch on their interesting journey! Click “Sök jobbet” below to apply. In this recruitment Sinch is working with Skills & Talent AB. For further information or questions, please contact Recruitment Consultant Eric Öholm at email@example.com or Alexander Nistad at firstname.lastname@example.org
Vill du veta mer eller boka ett möte, skicka ett mail till oss.